2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 11:18 AM by Lawrence Kiefer

EPDM: Inability to delete workflows & States

Lawrence Kiefer

The inability to delete an old workflow or State in EPDM because files at one point in time had been in those workflow/states is rather annoying. It really prevents me from exhibiting good housekeeping in EPDM.

I understand that these workflows or states can't be deleted because files that have passed through them contain version history and if a file needed to be rolled back to that version, the workflow or state would be needed at that point, but I would think there is a better way EPDM could handle this if the coders put some thought into it.

I am sure every EPDM Admin, when they were starting out and not familiar with EPDM has created workflows and states that are no longer needed. I currently have 5 old unused workflows, more than I currently use in fact. And the workflows I do use have multiple states in them that are no longer used that I would love to be able to delete.

Does anyone else agree this would be a great addition to the next release of EPDM?

Afterthought: One way to make this better, and I have thought this would be useful for many items in the Admin tool, would be if we can create folders and sub folders in the tree area. If I could put all of the unused workflows in a folder and label that folder unused workflows or something like that, this would at least help keep things organized and out of the way of the ones I use. These folders would be very helpful with users. I have 65+ users in EPDM and have often thought it would be great to be able to group these users by department, or by what groups they are in.

Message was edited by: Lawrence Kiefer