AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mating errors between configurations - same parts but it says 'missing faces'

Question asked by Jacob Murray on Aug 21, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 by Jacob Murray

I have made a simple vat that I would like to make several configurations of so I can have a few different volume choices, however I am having trouble with the mating of it between configurations. The vat walls are just extruded square sheets that I have converted to sheetmetal, with the dimensions for the sketches used as the configuration dimensions.

However now when I select another configuration and unsupress the same mates used on the first configuration, all of them have errors. When I edit the mate feature it says the faces are missing.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

I use configurations all the time with my other work and I don't know why this is happening. I figured the walls should all have the same reference faces between configurations and the mates should be relevant to them all, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have attached a pack and go file with all the assembly I am working on. Would someone mind having a look at this for me and let me know where I have gone wrong please? (It's Solidworks 2016)

Thanks

Attachments

Outcomes