First let me start with my VAR has been involved...
We had hoped for an improvement from 2015 to 2016 upgrade, but that is not the case.
I have 3 assembly drawings of frame weldments - in 2015 it was only one that displayed the issue, since the upgrade it is now all 3. Last drawing literally took 20 minutes to open, using the performance evaluation in 2016 it shows 20 minutes to open, and 8 minutes to rebuild. These drawings are not that complex, the assemblies are not that large - drawings are 5-6 sheets, C size, weld drawings with dimmensions, weld notes, GD&T, etc.
What I know:
- We are working through PDM Professional
- System has correct card, drivers, and not much running in the background - plenty of CPU, and plenty of memory
- All files are current version
- While opening, saving, checking in delays are brutal - yet machine and network traffic suggest little to no resource allocation.
- Options are set to lower resolutions, and faster speeds - I believe optimized - also behavior occurs on multiple machines.
Here is where it gets very interesting:
Save a local copy (pack and go) - open the local copy - ctrl q - save all - close
Local drawing will open in under 1 minute!!
Vault copy takes 20 minutes
Vault files are approved - have not changed - should not need rebuild since NOTHING has changed. This behavior kind of eliminates the entire purpose of a vault?
Had admin open vault copy, check out all files, ctrl q rebuild, save all, check in... drawing now opens in 18 minutes, rebuild takes 6 minutes
It appears it is the full rebuild that is consuming so much time, but I do not understand why my "local" copy will open in 6.8 seconds!
Any help, ideas - would be appreciated