0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 7:38 AM by Arvind Rangan

Flow simulation in Vacuum

Arvind Rangan

Hi,

I'am doing an external flow analysis in vacuum. The problem statement is that Iam trying to find out the temperature distcribution on an assembly when a piece of Aluminum in the assembly is heated via PID control ie., controlled surface heat source of 40W and I would like to get some inputs on how to go about setting up boundary conditions

1. Heat condition in solids only option is chosen along with radiation ? Will this be sufficient to define a vacuum condition ? how is this different from choosing heat conditions in solids and then specifying the vacuum pressure under the fluids thermodynamic parameters ?

2. How do i input a surface heat source which is controlled (PID) based on the temperature of a solid body in that assembly ? I am not sure how the goal dependency for a surface heat source works ? Appreciate some help or examples on this.

3.Why do I get different results when I use a real wall boundary condition by specifying the intended temperature instead of the surface heat source ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Arvind