3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 1:08 PM by John Stoltzfus

Title block notes linked to property

Greg Romero

I'm probably going about this the wrong way.

I have created a sheet format with a title block and defined the title block with note fields linked to custom properties. There are lots of fields and some don't seem appropriate to link to the models themselves. How can I have linked properties than can be different on every sheet, using the same sheet format?

• Re: Title block notes linked to property
          Mike Pogue

There are several built in properties that can be different on every sheet, such as sheet number and scale. But I don't think a custom property is going to give you this capability. If the field is driven by the drawing properties ($PRP:{Description}), it will be the same everywhere it appears. If it is linked to a model in the sheet ($PRPSHEET:{Description} or $PRPVIEW:{Description}) it could change. Can you give me an example of a field that should not be linked to a model but that would change from sheet to sheet? Maybe a concrete example would let me make a better suggestion.

Jeff Holliday

You could have different configurations which could contain the info needed and then choose the one needed. It would not be completely automatic but could help.

John Stoltzfus

I use up to 17 different drawing formats per project - but only about 7 or 8 for a typical project..  Very doable... see below

ECR Cover

Our ECN

Project development notes

and then the drawings start

The nice part

Drawing numbers start after the cover sheets....