AnsweredAssumed Answered

Link part units (specifically mass) to drawing

Question asked by Dave Gage on Aug 11, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 by Dan Pihlaja

Ok,  the reason for this post is I just made a simple mistake, and it kinda made my company look stupid.

I'm in the thermoforming business, so we measure our products in grams, and our tools in kg.  I make many more tool components than products, so my drawing templates are set up for [Weight: $PRPSHEET:"Weight"kg], with "Weight" -> "SW-Mass@@part.sldprt".  I manually changed the "kg" to "g" in the drawing, as I often do, but I later changed the sheet size, forgetting that I would have to reset the weight units again.  Our official drawing now says that our small plastic product weighs over 100kg...

Is there a way to link the units as well, such that the set up would read something like  [Weight: $PRPSHEET:"Weight" $PRPSHEET:"WeightUnits"], with "WeightUnits" -> "SW-Mass-Units@@part.sldprt"?

I've been searching the internet, but I can't seem to find an answer.  So, I've been playing with the annotations (SW-Mass-Units, SW-Unit-Mass, etc...) to see if one works, but the results have been fruitless.

It seems like such a simple thing, linking the parts' units to the drawing, but I cannot figure it out...

Outcomes