0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 7:20 AM by Li Jiaxian

[Bug report] when replace a part in a assembly which has Exploded-Views and Broken-Views, the drawing cann't be opened.

Li Jiaxian

[Bug report] when replace a part in a assembly which has Exploded-Views and Broken-Views, the drawing cann't be opened.

My steps are:

1. I replace a part in a assembly in the method of "File->Open->In the Open box->click reference", the assembly has a Exploded-Views and a Broken-Views.

2.when i try to open the drawing of assembly, it cann't be opened. like the picture below:

---The memory cost changes from original 3GB to Full 8.0GB;

---Then my PC is no reponse, i even cann't open task manager, i have to reboot my PC;

---I try to open for at least 3 times, it is same.

---the assembly changed can open usually.

My solution:

---creat a new drawing for the assembly, then i found the Exploded-Views and  Broken-Views has mistake because the part was changed.

My guess:

Because the the Exploded-Views and  Broken-Views has mistake, when i open the drawing, SOLIDWORKS cann't deal with the problems correctly through drawing, even prompt a error massages. So it will cause a Memory full mistake, and PC is down.

memory error.png

(The memory is full only in about 20 seconds, when memory is full, i cann't do anything in Windows OS.)

I think SOLIDWORKS's memory leak is so serious, so that i often feel slow in operation, i think Siemens NX is better when operate files of any size.