AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help about openning Solidworks from Excel with all of its function

Question asked by Bastien Iannello on Aug 9, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 by Bastien Iannello

Hello everyone,

First of all, i'm sorry i didn't introduce myself (I'll do it in the appropiate section when i'll find it)

I'm sorry about my english, it's not my mother language so i might be not clear so don't hesitate to ask me more information if it's needed.

I'm using Solidworks API to do some loop in order to save a lot of images (around 100 000) and drive3d (around 15 000). But I have a memory issue and the solution we have found is to close and restart Solidworks every 2 000 generated files. So we have decided to transfer ou code to Excel and to use it to open and close Solidworks.

The problem is when I open SolidWorks with Excel I can't Save as Drive3D, and I can't find the complements which is "DriveWorks 3D Export.

In order to resolve my problem I first checked the reference in Excel to see if there is a driveworks reference but i didn't find one, so I think Excel might not open the good version of Solidworks but I don't know how to check which one is it. I'm a little bit desperate because I have almost all my code working on excel except the save as drave 3d.

Thank you for your help

Outcomes