I have a large assembly I am working on. All assemblies and sub assemblies are fully defined. What would cause a subassembly to have a rebuild error, when none of the parts have issues?
Check your mates
I remated the whole thing and it is still showing an error.
I see you have a flexible assy "Hopper Base". Make it rigid and then flexible again. There is some sort of a bug in this when you have two levels of flexible assy one within the other.
I did as you said, and it just sent this issue to one of my other sub assemblies.
Matthew at the very least now you know what the problem is.
I sometimes get this errors when I have air cylinders in flexible mode within another flexible assembly. The error stays on for quite some time. Also make sure you do not have redundant mates inside your flexible sub-assembly. That will fix also.
I believe the air cylinders that are in my sub assembly are the issue, I can not find any redundant mate though. How do you get this error to go away?
Mathew sometimes the only way I was able to solve this issue was to save the cylinder as a part with two configurations (Retracted and Extended). You can still have the flexibility you are looking for but with the limitation of the intermediate strokes. Unless you keep creating configurations.
I love this idea, and I will keep this in mind for my next project, but it is not plausible for what I am atempting.
I can't help without taking a look at the file, sorry!
That's understandable. Thank you for all your suggestions and ideas.
I'm not making any promises, but sometimes a Ctrl+Q rebuild will fix that kind of thing.
Ctrl+Q is a very nice tool but unfortunately it does not work in this situation.
The easy way to find the issue is open up the lowest sub-assembly - which I'm assuming to be Hopper Base and suppress every part then start at the top and unsuppress each one, I have seen this to fix it or the part where there was a minor error shows up....
I have done this and the error will disappear, but only for a short time. Is there any way to get this to go away permanently?
If it goes away when you do this but comes back after you unsuppress everything then you have a circular rebuild issue, somewhere down the feature tree you have a part that is driving a part higher in the feature tree. Circular Rebuilds have almost put me in the asylum and after a huge effort in rehabilitation, I'm Circular Rebuild Free and can breathe again...
Not selling anything - but if your interested I can help - gotta give back to the community that gave so much
I am going to try to rebuild all of my sub assemblies, if that does not work I will be back for more help.
Without seeing the model I suspect that having flexible sub-assemblies inside other flexible sub-assemblies might be the problem. Can you move the cylinders to the top level assembly, or have multiple configurations of the cylinders and use them in the higher level assemblies as needed instead of having them flexible?
I would assume that this is my issue also but I am not sure. I can not move my cylinders to a higher assembly due to the complexity of the machine. I believe I am 4 or 5 sub assemblies deep on this one. (Ignore the parts floating in space). In this assembly I have 10 sub assemblies that are all flexible.
One thing I saw as a project manager with a drafting dept. that had a lot of newer users(I am not saying you are). Was the over use of simple mates that caused yellow (over/under defined). typically it was a part with 3 good constraining mates & usually a parallel or perpendicular mate that would throw the yellow errors. As far as the flexible design we have used them in up to 4 assemblies deep, the biggest issue and someone already touched on it is circular restraints. We use a lot of in context design builds as we do prototype machine builds which are flexible in design right up to delivery. So my 2 pennies would be check for any simple mates which are not actually needed as a way to simplify it if at all possible. Good luck and I hope you can find the solution, I know that nobody likes opening a model that they have put a couple of weeks on and see any errors in it, that is frustrating for sure.
I know what you are saying, I have had some of my interns do the same thingin regards to the simple mates, I am currently running over everything again to check for circular restraints.
In my search for circular restraints and over definition I have found a part that was mated into position and fixed. I set this part to float and everything seems to be happy now.
Glad to hear it. I know the frustration that causes.
Thank you to everybody for all their help and suggestions.
Retrieving data ...