3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 9:31 AM by Elmar Klammer

REMOVE "DRAFT VIEW" DRAWING SETTING OR IMPLEMENT A PERMANENT "HIGH QTY" SETTING

Elmar Klammer

Message to Solidworks,

The on going issue with drawing views permanently stuck in "draft view" needs to be addressed. This setting is creating nothing but problems.

Drawings show views but can neither be exported or printed due to the draft view setting. Either eliminate it all together or give me an option

to permanently set it to high quality that actually works. The toggle options in the feature manager is ignored and the api call doesn't work either.

Most commonly happens when there is imported parts from neutral file formats, but also from solidworks assembly files saved out as a part file.

Give me a means to find the parts that are keeping the view from fully regenerating. The only way to search is using "check" feature.

That also doesn't give me a part name. No I again have to resort to api code to identify the problem.

This is costing me big head aches, and hours of wasted time. This problem goes hand in hand with the perpetual issue of random hidden drawing views
      that can only be resolved with the toggle workaround. Fix the drawing environment. This needs to be fixed.

Elmar