Hans Stadem

SolidWorks Education Edition keeps crashing on start up.

Discussion created by Hans Stadem on Sep 16, 2008
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 by Gunnar Muehlenstaedt
Ok, so I just got a new computer. It's an Acer Aspire 6920G. It has an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS TurboCache graphics card, 4 GB RAM, and Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit OS.
I have installed SolidWorks Education Edition 2008 on my computer. I also installed e-drawings, DWG editor, and COSMOS. The problem is every time I load it, the program crashes. The splash screen comes up, but as soon as the main window pops up, SolidWorks stops working and Windows tells me I need to close the program.
I have done everything I can think of and it still doesn't work. I have reinstalled it many times, deleting all traces of it each time. I even turned off my firewall and anti-virus software while I installed and tried to start it up, just in case it was having trouble connecting to the license server or something.
I was wondering if it might have something to do with my graphics card. SolidWorks website only has info on NVIDIA Quadro series. There isn't anything on the graphics card I have. I have tried running SolidWorks on much lower settings, but it still crashes.
I need this up and running soon, so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached is a screen shot of the crash. Thanks again!

Attachments

Outcomes