3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2008 6:14 PM by Corey Hinman

PDMWE, Engineering change, and Microsoft AX

Lucas Dexter
      Hello,
      We are changing our MRP system to Microsoft AX. Microsoft AX does not have a workflow module so MS actually suggested we use PDMWE for our workflow. I am not personally familiar with how an MRP system works but I am getting questioned by management if PDMWE can tie into MSAX. I am also getting questioned by our Engineering change process leader if the PDMWE can be used to workflow the Engineering change process from beginning to end. I know it can do it, I just do know how.
      With the Engineering change process, it is currently a windows based front end and a SQL back end.
      My question is this: does anyone out there know how to connect these different systems to PDMWE for workflow? I know I should ask our VAR but I am afraid I will get a sales pitch that it can definitely be done with all the bells and whistles. They will definitely not tell us what it will take and at what cost before getting neck deep into it. I want to get some feedback from users in the trenches before going to someone who's main interest is to sell product.

Any help you can give is appreciated.