5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2008 9:51 PM by Devon Sowell

Exclude From BOM

Devon Sowell
      Hello All-

What I'd like to see is a List of All Components, in an Assembly, Marked "Exclude From BOM". Then I could take this list and verify it is correct. Now, I have to Expand the SolidWorks Feature Tree and manually write down this information.

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
        • Exclude From BOM
          Joy Garon
          Devon -

Why do you want to do this?

Joy
            • Exclude From BOM
              Devon Sowell
              Hello Joy-

In the senario I'm working on, the Top Level Assembly has hundreds of Components. We need a way to verify two conditions; Components that must appear in the BOM and Components that must not appear in the BOM.

Also, for design, many Components are Hidden in the Top Level Assembly; some are Suppressed.

I could save time if I had some type of List, a List of Items Excluded From BOM, so I wouldn't have to Expand the Assembly Tree and look at each Component Labeled "Exclude From BOM".

Thanks.
              • Exclude From BOM
                Corey Hinman
                Joy, this entirely off topic...but.....

OUCH

DOWN GOES BRADY!!!! DOWN GOES BRADY!!!!
                  • Exclude From BOM
                    Joy Garon
                    Hi Devon -

I don't know of an easy way of doing this in 2008.
                    In 2009 it will automatically recognize the 'Exclude form SolidWorks BOM' setting.
                    Also, any SW BOM (either is the assembly or drawing) can be viewed in the BOM tab.

Joy

Corey -

It was a sad day at Foxboro... let's see what Matt Cassel can do. Remember, Brady got his chance when Bledsoe went down...