2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2008 6:40 PM by Kenneth Barrentine

    How/where to change to a custom font?

    Todd Mendez
      Using Windows XP Professional, need to add Arial Rounded MT Bold font for use wiht SolidWorks sketch for milling purposes.
        • How/where to change to a custom font?
          Troy Peterson
          From windows help file;

          To add a new font to your computer
          Open Fonts in Control Panel.
          On the File menu, click Install New Font.
          In Drives, click the drive you want.
          In Folders, double-click the folder that contains the fonts you want to add.

          In List of fonts, click the font you want to add, and then click OK.
          To add all of the listed fonts, click Select All, and then click OK.


          To open Fonts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Appearance and Themes. Under See Also, click Fonts.
          To select more than one font to add, hold down the CTRL key, and then click each of the fonts you want to add.
          You can also drag OpenType, TrueType, Type 1, and raster fonts from another location to add them to the Fonts folder. This works only if the font is not already in the Fonts folder.
          To add fonts from a network drive without using disk space on your computer, make sure that the Copy fonts to Fonts folder check box, in the Add Fonts dialog box, is clear. This is available only when you install OpenType, TrueType, or raster fonts using the Install New Font option on the File menu.
          • How/where to change to a custom font?
            Kenneth Barrentine
            You're not exactly clear on where you need the font.

            Is it available in your system for use in other applications (e.g. Word)?
            Or, do you need to know how to use sketch text (see jpeg)?

            The font you ask for is fairly common.