I can not open SW electrical I get an error cannnot connet to data base
It could be a lot of reasons why this is happening. It would be best to contact your reseller to troubleshoot.
There are too many combinations, not enough information so things will be different based on your set-up
Has it worked before and stopped working ? or Did it happen after you did something ?
Here are a few things you can check
If you are running on a local machine with SQL Server on the same machine
- is the service running - SQL server running ?
- if you can't find it - can use the SQL management studio( Free Download) to connect to the SQL server ?
- Check the connection string in the Application settings in SW Electrical application
If you are running on the server-client set-up
- SQL management studio to test connections
- You can check the logs to see what the errors are showing.
- Check with IT if something changed on their end ?
- Check to see if the Service is running on the Server
if you can give more details i can attempt to help. Your reseller should be the best resource considering they might be able to do a web session and figure this out fairly quickly.
Right click my computer-->Manage-->computer management-->service and applications-->services-->SQL Server(TEW_SQLEXPRESS) right click-->Start
Retrieving data ...