0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 2:18 PM by Luuk Schouten

Simulation of the pressure after applying external force

Luuk Schouten

I have a question about the simulation.

I am new to solidworks and I just created my 3D sketch. I am working with a gynacologist who wants to measure the muscle force in the private parts of a woman before and after surgery. I am designing a medical device for that and I've created a kind of balloon that enters the vaginal canal. Now I want to simulate the balloon.

I want to know what the effects are of different materials and external forces on the shape of the balloon and the pressure inside the balloon. In the end I am making a correlation between the pressure inside the balloon and a scale that reflects the mussel force. I have done the tutorials and after that I wanted to try a few things.

So to start I put the same pressure inside the balloon as outside the balloon and I would expect that the shape of the balloon would stay the same, but it shrinks. Am I reading it wrong or am I doing something wrong? Besides that, I would like to know if it is possible to get the pressure inside the balloon after I apply an external force of the balloon and if I could see the deformation of the balloon. Because if that is possible I can try different materials and see what the effects are of different external forces on the pressure inside the balloon.

To make the image clear. The red part is the balloon that enters the canal and I made a section of the device. The ballon is wrapped around a hard plastic (the blue part). The oval part is the inside of the balloon where I would like to know the pressure (increase) after applying a force on the outside of the balloon.

section assembly.JPG

I hope my intensions are clear and thanks in advance for the help!