If you're using PhotoView360 and you are interested in updated "Paint" appearances you might want to have a look at the new offering from PV360X.com These new appearances work and have been tested with SolidWorks 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
The PV360X Paint Pack features all new paint appearances built from the ground up using the latest features from the PV360 render engine.
- Unlike using Modo .lxp assets in PhotoView 360, we've done all the setup so these appearances are fully adjustable within the SOLIDWORKS interface.
- All carpaint appearances use a clearcoat finish.
- Carpaints offered in plain, gold or silver flake varieties.
- Gold and silver flake carpaints can be scaled for more or less flake.
- Powdercoat bump is based on a procedural (3D) texture. Never any seams and you can still scale it with the SOLIDWORKS mapping controls.
- Specular color (exposed in SOLIDWORKS UI) drives your reflection color, allowing you to create some truly unique looks!
Find out more here PV360X