2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2008 3:25 PM by Brendan L

CosmosWorks Program Abysmally Slow

Brendan L
      Hello all,
      I have been developing a macro in Cosmosworks for the past 2 weeks and have noticed something that has made it extremely hard to work with. Over the past 2 weeks the time for my macro has jumped from 4 minutes an iteration to around 1hr30 min an iteration. There has been no significant change to my macro that would make this jump logical. I tried working through my macro by hand, and it took 5 min just to open the cwForce menu. What I think might be an issue is the license or the license server having difficulty so I looked into it. Here is what I found:

13:49:59 (SW_D) UNSUPPORTED: "cae_cwdesigner" [name computer] (License server system does not support this feature.
      13:49:59 (SW_D) UNSUPPORTED: "cae_cwpro" [name of computer] (License server system does not support this feature.

I was wondering if someone with more CW experience could help me designate the issue at hand. What I am thinking is that the 2 'unsupported' features are integral parts of the cosmosworks program, and there is an issue with the retrieval of said functionality from the server. However, the weird part is that the license server has a full version of the cosmosworks professional license on it. The even weirder part is there is no difference in the type of error or the frequency of the errors between the 4 minute case and the 1hr30min case. If anyone has any information about said issue, I would be greatly appreciative.

Regards
      Brendan L
        • CosmosWorks Program Abysmally Slow
          Vince Adams
          Hi Brendan, what Release/SP are you working in? Did anything change (that you are aware of) when this macro delay happened?

I'll alert tech support that this is coming but if you could submit your macro, a test model, and any other notes you have to your reseller support, I'd appreciate it. If they can't see anything themselves, ask them to escalate this to our SolidWorks tech support. (Drop my name if you need to.)

Thanks!

Vince
          • CosmosWorks Program Abysmally Slow
            Brendan L
            Hi Vince,
            I am in SW and CW 2008 SP 3.1. To my knowledge, the only thing that changed was the amount of time - Nothing else. Quick question, are the licenses SP specific? And I will get on the phone with the reseller ASAP.

Regards,
            Brendan L