7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 12:14 PM by Jim Wilkinson

Lock commandManager and toolbars in SW2016

Christian Chu

Lock commandManager and toolbars in SW2016 is not really "nailed" the toolbars down

When this option is checked, the toolbar can't be moved or relocated , however, it's not stopped the toolbars jumping out of the preset place

note: SW2016 sp4 (EV)

• Re: Lock commandManager and toolbars in SW2016
          Jim Wilkinson

Hi Christian,

You are correct. The lock option just prevents the user from moving them. If there is some bug or other workflow that moves them, then that will not be prevented by the locking. Please see the following thread to see if what is described there with the minimizing bug is what you are seeing and if so, please look up that SPR in the knowledge base and "vote" for it. If the problem occurs via some other workflow, please post the details of how it occurs.

lock down toolbars

Thanks,
          Jim

Christian Chu

Thank you, Jim

Here is the image of  display and config tool bar

Capture.PNG

when "lock" option is checked,  both toolbars are nailed down as long as SW running - soon SW is shutdowned and re-open, the display toolbar is relocated up

Capture2.PNG

the only thing bothers me is some space on my screen is taken - Even though I have 24" monitor , but I want more and more space

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Christian,

Are still able to reproduce this problem? It looks like you have the configuration and Display State toolbars docked to the right of the CommandManager. Then you say when you exit SOLIDWORKS and restart, the toolbars move. I assume the Display State toolbar is moving up a row and forcing an entire blank row above the CommandManager in your second image, but I can't tell for sure since your image does not show the CommmandManager. Can you confirm? Also, you say that you have the toolbars locked, but it looks like you don't because the little dots indicating where the grab handle is on the toolbar are shown (those are hidden in lock mode).

I tried to reproduce these exact toolbars moving with this exact layout, both in locked mode and with locked mode off, and I can't reproduce the toolbar shifting to another row. Can you confirm whether it is still happening and maybe give some more complete screenshots since perhaps there is something else in your layout causing the issue.

Thanks,Jim

Christian Chu

Hi Jim,

It only happens when I open the very first file right after lauching SW

Here is the very first image when I open SW

Capture1.JPG

Here is the 2nd image, the wPDM and config. toolbars are shifting to the upper row

Capture2.JPG

Now if I "unlock" the toolbars and move them down and "lock" them again and open a new file, "Lock" is working.

You can try to see if you can replicate this issue

Thx, Christian

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Christian,

So from the images above, I don't see anything wrong necessarily. In the second image, the Are you saying that in the second image, you then move the Display State or Configuration toolbar (whichever that is) and the CommandManager simply become visible when you open a file. Are you saying you then move the PDM and Display State/Configuration toolbar down next to the CommandManager, exit SOLIDWORKS, stat back up and the first image and second image then repeat the next time you open (i.e. they are no longer next to the CommandManager, but above it)? If so, I can't reproduce this...I just tried. If this is what you are talking about, please add a 3rd image of where exactly you are positioning those other two toolbars since maybe that has some relation to the problem.

If you are mean something different, please clarify.

Thanks,

Jim