James Letwin

Indented Assemblies Not Showing 90% of Parts

Discussion created by James Letwin on Aug 21, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2008 by Eddie Cyganik
I am using Solid Works 2007 SP5 by request of my client on a powerful computer system with 4Gb of RAM and 3.8 GHz of processing speed with Windows XP Professional SP2.

In a drawing, I am unable to generate an "Indented assemblies" BOM. The list shows about 7 out of 120 components and included in that are only 2 of the nearly 37 subassemblies. All subassemblies are set so as not to disclude the underlying parts in the BOM.

I conducted a test by creating a new assembly model using the same subassemblies in question with successful results.

So, I returned to my original Assembly model and cleaned up my Configurations to no avail as I suspected these were the cause. I created a new 1st level Configuration, saved the Assembly, created a new drawing and had the same problem with the "Indented assemblies" BOM as I stated above.

Then, I deleted the 2nd level Configurations without saving the Assembly Model but resolved all parts as I did before and regenerated the model; again, to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions what may be causing this problem in my original Assembly Model?

Outcomes