You could use #TASK to run a macro on a large set of parts. I have been wanting to try it, because I created a few macros in the past that would iterate over a folder or a set of files. #Task would allow me to ditch the part of my code that would look up files.
I think the macro for adding custom properties would need to follow these steps:
- Open a file (or let #Task do that for you)
- Find the file location using GetPathName and get the file name using In String Reverse (InStrRev) with a slash ( / ) as the divider
- Split the file name into two variables using In String if an underscore is only ever used in that location. Or maybe there are always four characters in the file name that you want to put into the first custom property?
- Create a Custom Property Manager as shown in this example
- Add all of the custom properties that you need as shown in the example above
Need more help? Just ask
I am using TASK (started not long ago). I use them to set all mass units from grams to kilograms, to export dxf,change sheet formats...
I got more than four characters and it can be more than one "-" in file name, thats why "_" shud be braker.
I've recently written a similar paid application/program. So in case you're interested in paying for that, please PM me.