5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 10:13 AM by Todd Jurek

PDMWorks Enterprise and M2M

Todd Jurek
      Is anyone fully using PDWME and M2M together successfully? We run 5.6 on M2M and are considering getting PDMWE to help with our growth of the company. Need to find out if it is feesible first prior to sitting down with our VAR.

Thanks
        • PDMWorks Enterprise and M2M
          Julian Devos
          We currently are using both applications but don't have them completely integrated to our liking. The biggest problem we are facing is that we would like to create file links on the item master tab to files in our vault (slddrw, PDF, Work instructions etc.) We can setup the links fine but the files will only open if they are cached locally. If the file is not cached we receive a file not found error. We have been told this is by design and may / may not be fixed in a future release of PDM. The next integration we are going to implement is the M2M Solidworks interface to upload item master and BOM.
              Erik Balle
              We are setting up Consona Intuitive manufacturing ERP, Consona also owns Made2Manage, Intuitive also has a SolidWorks interface. The SolidWorks interface is not 64 bit yet and we may need to go to 64 bit to deal with our large assemblies since 3 gig of RAM is hitting the limit. Can you emulate a 32 bit to run the interface but run SolidWorks on 64 bit?
                Jeff Cope
                Does made to manage have an API? If so, it should be possible to download the file to the local cache before attempting to open it. I have solved this problem many times for other applications although I haven't done it for Made2Manage.

Regards,
                Jeff Cope

Julian deVos wrote:

We currently are using both applications but don't have them completely integrated to our liking. The biggest problem we are facing is that we would like to create file links on the item master tab to files in our vault (slddrw, PDF, Work instructions etc.) We can setup the links fine but the files will only open if they are cached locally. If the file is not cached we receive a file not found error. We have been told this is by design and may / may not be fixed in a future release of PDM. The next integration we are going to implement is the M2M Solidworks interface to upload item master and BOM.

Todd Jurek
                Julian,
                I have heard mixed results on the Solidworks interface from M2M. We are still moving forward on the PDMWorks purchase but really would like to incorporate the M2M data integration as well...
                  Todd Jurek
                  I believe it does as an API built in or at least some sort of work around... M2M wants us to buy the solidworks interface but I have heard it is a waste of money...