AnsweredAssumed Answered

SW 2008 SP3.1 disappears from desktop

Question asked by Chip Weatherman on Aug 18, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2008 by Chip Weatherman
Hey all!
I'm pretty new to the forum (this being my first post and all), but we've been having this problem at work related to SW 2008 3.1. We've been using it with the 3.1 update for some time and haven't had any problems. Until now. None of the computers I've tried this on have had any hardware/software changes even before SW was installed.
This is totally random, but the crash gives no error of anykind and SW just disappears. I've seen it happen myself. Sometimes it's right after the program is opened, sometimes it's right when a part or assembly it opened, sometimes the file is fine for awhile, then just disappears after working on it for hours. Luckily the parts or assemblies don't end up corrupted (so far). I just wanted to throw this out to the community to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
One of the computer's has a Quadro on XP 32 SP2, one has a Fire GL XP 64 SP2 and another is on board graphics with XP 32 SP2. All 3 have 2 GB ram and most recent video drivers installed.
As I said, no hardware/software changes have been made and everything has been fine up to this point. It also happens randomly on different files, it's not a particular file that causes the disappearance. The only issue I can think of is if SW is trying to 'phone home' and it dead ends in our VPN connection and closes the program. I've tried restarting and not logging into the VPN and it still does it, but I just wanted to mention the VPN in case someone knows there's an issue with that.

Thanks,
Chip

Outcomes