AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mold Bases

Question asked by Paul McGarr on Aug 15, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 by John Kreutzberger
We've been using DME as a supplier for our moldbases and components as a rule for many years. A long time ago, I considered DME a quality consious company. Over time, they have fallen apart as far as I am concerned, and I am interested in finding a new company to work with.

I've heard of companies that create mold bases that are finish ground with guide pins in precision locations so you can replace a plate and it'll fit perfectly. I am interested in that type of system. Off the top of my head I think of Omni and Hasco as being two of those companies.

What I am looking for is a supplier that provides quality. I'd like stainless plates throughout, plates finish (suface) ground on six sides, guide pin holes at precise locations, plate interchangability, ability to provide finish machined frames. I'd like to see precision plate thicknesses and flatness too.

Are there companies out there that provide this? Sometimes cost is an issue, but I'd rather pay 25% more upfront and have this type of quality. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Paul

Outcomes