We have an exciting opportunity for Mechanical Designer- Mechanical Engineer and to be a member of our highly successful team at Hayssen Flexible Systems headquartered in Duncan, SC. We are a subsidiary of the Barry-Wehmiller Company which is a $2.5 billion multinational organization with over 11,000+ team members world-wide.
We are proud of our people-centric culture and offer a unique opportunity to join a great team. Hayssen Flexible Systems has built upon leadership and innovation to become one of the largest packaging machinery companies in the world, with annual revenues surpassing $150 million. The Mechanical Designer- Mechanical Engineer responsibilities include:
- Develop new, advanced and improved mechanical assemblies for vertical and horizontal form/fill/seal packaging machinery and product feed systems.
- Design responsibilities will include everything from individual components to complete subassemblies.
- Based on the scope of the projects, act as an individual contributor or as a team member to develop the machine system or subsystem.
- This position will require some interaction with our customers and sales executives, other mechanical and design engineers, manufacturing personnel, and customer service technicians.
- Successful completion of assigned mechanical design projects requires a disciplined, structured approach to design.
- This includes researching and preparing specifications, developing and testing prototypes, designing individual components and complete assemblies, process documentation, and training other engineers and technicians.
- Encourages others to discover, develop and apply their talents enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Actively engages in our Lean journey by building and acting on continuous improvement and development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred, Associates Degree with applicable experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience showing increasing levels of complexity, sophistication and responsibility
- Experience in materials, component selection, sheet metal design, and general machine shop processes is a must.
- Experience designing and hands-on follow through manufacturing.
- Power transmission, pneumatics, and complex mechanical mechanism design.
- Project reporting, tracking and organization using MS Office software.
- Knowledge and experience with engineering bills of material.
- Experience with continuous improvement.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Adept at setting and juggling goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Some travel may be required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. Drug Screening is part of our employment process. This organization uses E-Verify
At Hayssen Flexible Systems we measure ‘success’ by the way we touch the lives of people and are committed to a sustained leadership model that creates a culture where each team member returns home with a sense of fulfillment.
We Build Great People who do Extraordinary Things Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V Please send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com