4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2008 7:16 PM by Christina Seay

sheet scale

when doing drawings i seem to spend a lot of time changing the sheet scale to fit my views on. we make all sorts of size parts. i recoded a macro but when i run it it falls over. i just want a set of icons with 1:2, 1:3, 1:4 etc anybody any ideas?

mart
        • sheet scale
          Dwight Livingston
          What takes time? You RMB the sheet, select properties, and change the scale.

You could, I suppose, save templates at various scales and select a template at a scale you want when you open a new drawing.
            • sheet scale
              hi Dwight, thanks for replying. i know i want to save time. i like just hitting a button and it all being done. that what computers do best. in autocad i put macros under a set of buttons/icons which instantly chged the scale. if needed i could flick through them till it fitted the page just right. i liked that as i could not only do it in a second i didnt have to type anything in and take my small mind off the job. do you know of the vba to change the scale? as there are no command line stuff in SW it a bit difficult for me.
              mart
                • sheet scale
                  Ricky Gutierrez
                  I can see where this type of button could be used to but i have no advice for you, on this subject. but you may want to repost this topic in the API forums. Im sure one of the gurus there could help you out with one hand tied behind their back.
              • sheet scale
                Christina Seay
                From the solidworks API help when I searched "sheet scale"

Description

This method sets the properties for this sheet object.

Syntax (OLE Automation)

void Sheet.SetProperties ( paperSz, templ, scale1, scale2, firstAngle, width, height)

Input:
                (long) paperSz
                Paper size as defined in swDwgPaperSizes_e

Input:
                (long) templ
                Template index as defined in swDwgTemplates_e

Input:
                (double) scale1
                Scale numerator

Input:
                (double) scale2
                Scale denominator