AnsweredAssumed Answered

Microsoft.VC80.CRT Error when attempting network instsallation

Question asked by Husam Sarhan on Aug 10, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2008 by Melissa Nimmo
Hi there,<br /><br />I am trying to install SolidWorks 2008 over the network using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (SCCM 2007).  When the program tries to install on the client (32-bit Windows XP), I get the following error messages on the client computer in the System event log:<br /><br />Event ID: 32<br />Source: SideBySide<br />Text: Despendent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly was not installed on your system.<br /><br />Event ID: 59<br />Source: SideBySide<br />Text: Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT.  Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.<br /><br />Event ID: 59<br />Source: SideBySide<br />Text: Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\Cache\<SCCM site code>.1.System\swwi\data\support\i386\AddinCompatibilityTester.exe.  Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.<br /><br />The command line I am using to install SolidWorks is as follows:<br /><br />msiexec.exe /i swwi\data\English_i386_SolidWorks.Msi INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\SolidWorks 2008" SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER=<serial number> ADDLOCAL=SolidWorks,Manuals,HelpFiles,Intel_Modules_AgeiaX86 /qb<br /><br />Does anybody know what this means?<br /><br />Cheers,<br />Husam.

Outcomes