3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 7:26 PM by Charley Saint

EPDM multisite replication : email notification

Rodolph Brait

Hi,

I set up a replication between our two sites, and I want to receive a notification by email

whenever the replication failed or succeed.

I can't see anything related to this in the admin panel.

regards

• Re: EPDM multisite replication : email notification
          Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Rodolph, I don't believe there is any function for a notification like this out of the box.

One thing that might work, is that you can set up notifications, when files enter a folder etc

So you could set this up on a vault view that is connected to the replicated archive server. The only thing I'm not sure about is if these notifications are sent through email, even if EPDM is configured to use email notifications, you would have to test.

Kind regards,

Prasad

Charley Saint

You can hack something together using this method:

Event Viewer: how to send e-mail notifications with Powershell

Just replace the log file line with

$event = get-eventlog -LogName ConisioArchiveServerLog -newest 1

Charley Saint

Small note, that log only exists on the archive server, so you have to test/implement from there. Also ask your IT if they already have something in house to generate notifications off event viewer logs, they'll probably have something way easier to use than this.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
                    • This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.