I have a script that I wrote as an add-in that runs a SQL query and sends personalized emails with results of open work orders created by the user who is receiving the email. I want it to run every Monday at 6:00am without any user input to trigger it.
Here is what I've tried so far and the problems I've run into:
Create an epdm add-in
- I cannot find an epdm hook that is based on time
- If I have it always running and checking the time at every X time interval, it could potentially slow down the epdm system
Use SW Task Scheduler (Run Custom Task) - I created a working macro that does the same thing
- Task Scheduler runs macros on specific files in a folder, since I am not giving it a folder, it times out.
- If I assign an arbitrary folder for the Task Scheduler, the task fails.
Use Windows Task Scheduler to Run the Macro in Excel
- A user would have to open excel to launch it before the task would trigger
Use epdm Task Add-in
- Fails to run macro
- Don't know if I can schedule a task to run at a specific time, but I figured it was worth a shot.
Schedule SQL Query emails
- The emails need to be personally tailored to the individual receiving it.
Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this without having an add-in constantly running in the background?