2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2018 11:27 AM by Tracy Ramsdell

Linetype scale

Tracy Ramsdell

I can see on the web that this issue continues to frustrate many operators.

While in a drawing, if I want to say draw something @ 8:1, the hidden line spaces become so small the line looks solid. This has forced me over the years to make room for an isometric, because I can't have hidden lines.

So, instead of wasting time changing the color of menus and icons, hows about working on a problem that has plagued Solidworks since the beginning.

Autocad has had this feature since the beginning, come on!!

Thanks in Advance

• Re: Linetype scale
          Tracy Ramsdell

I have too and I, as well as scores of others, have seen it all along. Try a 6:1 on a d-size sheet; Hidden lines, break lines, center lines, all tiny. Maybe you can fill us all in on what we're doing wrong? Please?

• Re: Linetype scale
            Tracy Ramsdell

So easy to dismiss others when clearly you don't know what you're talking about. I wouldn't post it if there wasn't an issue.

Sheet is a D size with the sheet scale at 2/3, but the view is a custom scale @ 3/2. We use D here for everything, so it's nice to fill up the page so everyone can read it if it's printed on a 8-1/2 x 11. The problem may be in the scaling of sheet to view, but an option to set the line type scale, would be nice on these occasions. Now can I get some real advice?

hidden lines.jpg