AnsweredAssumed Answered

Update multiple file references

Question asked by Wayne Easton on Jul 11, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 by Wayne Easton

I have created a copy of a dataset supplied by a customer. Some of the files in the dataset have been changed and given our new internal part numbers, however, the large majority have not changed.

The mistake I made was to copy the entire dataset using the copy tree function of EPDM. I appended the file names with "NEW-". I am now using the Update references tool in EPDM to replace the copied files (eg. Replace NEW-1234.sldprt with 1234.sldprt).

I have to do this for every file which has not change which is really time consuming. Does anone know of a way where I can replace the file references for all the files appended with the term "NEW-" with the original part number for all the files at once.

If not are there any other bright idea approaches to reference to the original files more efficiently than what I am now doing?

One other idea I had was to check out all the original files and then do a move tree of the current files to overwrite the original files which are checked out. I am not sure if this is possible and am worried there may be some risk / undesired results using this method.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes