1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 12:01 PM by Jim Sculley

Fun With References and The Save Flag in SW/EPDM

Jim Sculley

I have a assembly (with one component) and a drawing to go along with it in my EPDM vault.  If I open the drawing, the save flag (little asterisk next to the file name in the title bar, pencil icon in the EPDM task pane) does not appear.  If I close the drawing and then open the assembly, the save flag appears.  If I close the assembly, open the drawing and then open the assembly while the drawing is open, no save flag appears.  This behavior makes no sense to me.  If a file is dirty it's dirty.  The order in which it is opened relative to its parent drawing should not be relevant.  If anyone can shed some light on this behavior it would be much appreciated.

• Re: Fun With References and The Save Flag in SW/EPDM
          Jim Sculley

Some other interesting data points:

1. If I open the drawing and then open the assembly model by right clicking in the feature tree, a warning dialog appears stating that I am about to make changes to a read-only document which is correct since everything is checked in.  There is still no asterisk on the assembly model though.  However, if I open the assembly model by right clicking in the EPDM task pane or by double-clicking the file in an Explorer window, no such warning dialog is shown.
          2. If I use Copy Tree to copy all three files to a location outside the vault, the behavior changes.  Opening the model from the drawing feature tree or EPDM task pane opens the model with no warning dialogs, but the asterisk is shown.  Closing the drawing or the assembly model causes the 'Save Modified Documents' dialog to be shown, which does not happen for the files in the vault.