12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 1:00 PM by Deepak Gupta

Export 3-D Points

Hi Mark

Can you send me the macro to extract points from a sketch to a *.xls file?
      Is it possible to find it anywhere?

If it´s possible send it to ermasjartible@hotmail.com
        • Export 3-D Points
          > Besides that, I use it for everything else. Too many cool features to give up.

That's for sure. I'm like you, I only leave Opera when I absolutely must.
          • Export 3-D Points
            Yeah, it won't do the real time highlight nor mark it as read like IE does. It does mark it as read, but I have to manually refresh. Opera 9 which is in beta has the same problem. I wish they would replace this forum, there are so many other forums out there that have more options and features.

Best I can tell from Opera's forums is that there are certain ActiveX stuff that they can't do. For instance, you ca't upload images to ebay, I'm forced to IE for that purpose. Also, lately, I've been having some trouble accessing certain messages in my gmail account. I think it's a background load issue though as it's mostly email with images and attachements.

Besides that, I use it for everything else. Too many cool features to give up.

Jason
            SolidWorks 2006 SP3.3 on WinXp SP2
            UG NX 2.0.2.2 on Win2000 SP3
            • Export 3-D Points
              Jason,

I see you're using Opera for this forum. Do yo uhave trouble with the message unread status not updating when you actually read it? Or do you have to refresh the view like I do?

Dale
              • Export 3-D Points
                He's using a custom scheme for WinXP. Search around the net for Winxp Schemes.

Here's the one I use, though not quite as different as rajeevs
                http://forum.solidworks.com/sw.../1426.sweep%20coil.gif

Jason
                SolidWorks 2006 SP3.3 on WinXp SP2
                UG NX 2.0.2.2 on Win2000 SP3
                • Export 3-D Points
                  What operating system are you using Rajeev?

Just curious from what I saw in your image file.
                  • Export 3-D Points
                    I have created 3-D points on the curve. Is there any way to export these point's co-ordinates in a *.txt or *.xls format.

thanx in advance
                    Rajeev
                    • Export 3-D Points
                      I am using xp sp 2. But i have installed a diffrent shell pack from crystal (crystal.net) and it's free.
                      yes i am using firefox browser, and it's great. It has reduse the no; of virus attach on my system.

Rajeev
                      • Export 3-D Points
                        Rajeev,

The only way I have found to do this is using the API, but the API will get all points in a sketch which includes the end points of each line not just a point feature, which is OK for what I am doing but it may not suit you especially if you are using construction lines which you don't want included in the coordinate list.

Mark.