I export my latest board file from OrCad. Save it as a step-214. When imported into solidworks it adds parts that aren't found in this assembly. If i open the same stp file with a free 3D viewer these extra assemblies are not present.
This just started happening within the last week... I've tried importing older files that I successfully imported before. Solidworks is adding the same missing components to those imports.
- Import stp file into soldworks
- This error appears on the screen:
- IND254P864X762-8N and all these other missing components are not present in the design I am trying to import.
- Suppress all missing components
- Highlight and delete all the missing components
-Save the assembly
-Solidworks thinks it's a template....???
-I can save the design as a part with no errors
-When I try to save it as an assembly. I get an error for each and every component saying its referenced by other open documents...