3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 11:21 AM by David Diehl

Data Card - Selecting one variable's value automatically selects a different variable's value

David Diehl

We have separate variables defined for 1) ChangeOrder_Number and 2) ChangeOrder_Description.

When the users fills out the data card, they have to fill each out separately.

In reality though, there is only one change order number that corresponds to one change order description.  So, rather than have the user have to enter both values independent of each other (with the possibility of a data entry error), I was wondering if it were possible to have a pull down list such that if you select a Change Order Number from the list, the Change Order Description will automatically pick the correct description that goes along with the change order number.  Or, (vice-versa) the user selects the change order description from the pull-down list and the correct change order number is automatically selected.

For example, I have a list such as the following:

CR0001     PC Redesign

CR0002     Material Change

I'd like it when the user selects "CR0001" from the ChangeOrder_Number pull-down in the data card, the value for ChangeOrder_Description is set to "PC Redesign"

Is there a way to set up something like this with the data card?

Thank you very much in advance.