6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 9:21 AM by Scott Lyon

SW crashing after trying to access a weldment profile

Leon Whotton

Hi

I am having a few problems with my weldment profiles. It all started this morning when i wanted to create a unistrut profile in weldments, so, rather than download a batch of unistrut profiles (i only intend to use a couple) i decided to draw them and save them in my weldment folder, with my tube, pipes etc, in a new folder called (imaginatively) 'unistrut'.

This is where my problem started, i did manage to import the profile but it just stayed a sketch profile and wouldn't behave like a weldment should, i.e it wouldn't extrude down a given path.

The next stage was to have a look at the profile , all seemed ok, but still it wouldn't extrude to the highlighted path.

So i then tried in another sketch just to make sure the problem was sketch specific, and now i have a further problem in that as soon as try to access the weldment feature i get this...

I now cannot access any weldment profiles in solidworks?

If i click ok then SW crashes (unexpected problem occurred).

I have tried repairing the programme, but it has made no difference.

I have deleted my unistrut drawings out of the weldment folder, along with the folder itself.

I currently doing a large fabrication part so weldments are vital, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Leon.