4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 1:11 PM by Matthew Lorono

change symbol font

Gerard Boterman

When I place a dimension in a certain, e.g. bold font, why is the diameter symbol not bold  - how to set this to use the same font as my dimension?

If I place a dimension with dual units, one is placed inside square brackets - how to set this to use the same font as my dimension?

Symbols and brackets always seem to have a skinny 'single' line thickness, making a dimensional drawing look horrible.

• Re: change symbol font
          Sindre Sorhus

Hello Gerard,

This is something that you should set up one time and save it as a drawing template. Then you will always get your preferred fonts for different details on the drawing.

First open a new drawing and click on Tools-->Options and select the tab for Document properties. See the images below for the sections where you can define different font. Within the font settings you can define if it will be bold or narrow and so on. All the fonts installed in windows is accessible for selection within the manager.

27-06-2016 09-41-23.png

27-06-2016 09-42-19.png

27-06-2016 09-42-27.png

27-06-2016 09-42-31.png

27-06-2016 09-42-49.png

And last save the drawing as a template that you can reuse when you make a new drawing.

27-06-2016 09-48-40.png

This should cover it.

Br,

Sindre