So I'm looking into getting a new laptop because my old one is on it's last leg. I don't have a lot of spare change so I cant afford a super nice computer for Solidworks. I'm looking at an ASUS GL752VW-GS71 laptop. It has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M w/4GB GDDR5 card which I know is not supported but people have used the gaming cards in the past, including me. I was just wondering what the overall opinion about the computer working is. Here are the specs:
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 Ghz, Processor (Max Turbo Frequency 3.5GHz), 6MB Smart Cache
- 32GB, Kingston Hyper X CL14 DDR4 2400MHz - 2 x 16GB
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M w/4GB GDDR5
- 1,000GB (1TB) 7200RPM (Serial-ATA III)
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SERIES Solid State Drive
Plus I'm having several other cooling features added in. All I really want to use the computer for is simple parts, assemblies, animations, and maybe the occasional low level rendering.