2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2008 4:28 AM by Anna Wood

WHY there is not moldflow in SW2008 ?

Z. sy
      TODAY I wan't to do an analysis for a plastic part,I search the moldflow tool everywhere in solidworks 2008 premium VERSION,
      BUT it's a pitty! I haven't found it,CAN anybody tell me why?
        • WHY there is not moldflow in SW2008 ?
          John Layne
          Yup-- MoldFlow Express was dropped in SolidWorks 2008 by MoldFlow.

Note Autodesk bought MoldFlow so that's probably the reason why. It will probably be free with Inventor --now.
          • WHY there is not moldflow in SW2008 ?
            Anna Wood
            There is info about this on the home page of the SW Customer Portal.

Solution Id:
            S-014245

Question:
            Why won't MoldflowXpress be available in SolidWorks 2008 onwards?

Answer:
            Starting with SolidWorks 2008, MoldflowXpress will no longer be available. Moldflow Corporation has decided to not continue their investment in MoldflowXpress. If you require this functionality we recommend you contact Moldflow Corporation about their MPA (Moldflow Plastics Advisor) for SolidWorks. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

This was posted about a year ago during the SW2008 Beta or right after SW2008 was released.

Moldflow has also been aquired by AutoDesk. AutoDesk has a press release on this dated May 1, 2008.

Definately a bummer for those that used it. Reminds of the time back in 2000-2001 when SolidWorks bought CimLogic (the software that gave SW their Hole Wizard and Toolbox). We couldn't get registration keys anymore to use CimLogic with our AutoCAD installs.

Cheers,