5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 6:53 PM by Jerry Steiger

How do I keep relations when copying parts of a sketch?

Chris Manger
      I'm probably doing something wrong, but whenever I have a sketch and ctrl-drag it to make a copy, none of the relations copy over.

For example: I have a rounded slot with tangent relations to the ends, and when I ctrl-drag it copy does not have any relations.
        • How do I keep relations when copying parts of a sketch?
          Matt McKendrick
          The relations that are contained withing the sketch entity you are copying should transfer. The only relations that won't are dimensions and relations that are linked to entities outside of the sketch entities you are copying. For example, if you are copying a sketch that is created in reference to the origin, the copied sketch will not maintain those relations and dimensions with the origin. When you position your copy, you will have to reestablish those dimensions/relations.
            • How do I keep relations when copying parts of a sketch?
              Chris Manger

Matt McKendrick wrote:

The relations that are contained withing the sketch entity you are copying should transfer. The only relations that won't are dimensions and relations that are linked to entities outside of the sketch entities you are copying. For example, if you are copying a sketch that is created in reference to the origin, the copied sketch will not maintain those relations and dimensions with the origin. When you position your copy, you will have to reestablish those dimensions/relations.

Seems like it should keep the tangent relations. Must be a bug.