AnsweredAssumed Answered

When will SolidWorks quit asking if I want it to fix my mates?

Question asked by Greg Welch on Jun 22, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2016 by Frank Stempfer

When will SolidWorks quite asking if I want it to fix mates, and not try to fix them by default?  I've been using SolidWorks for ten years, and this has been a chronic pain in the neck.  I've only had problems when I allow it to do it, for starters.  Then, when I ask it not to ask me again, by default it goes ahead and does it anyway.  My only alternative is to say no EACH AND EVERY TIME IT ASKS.  Imagine your neighbor asks you if you want your car fixed.  You know by experience that your neighbor doesn't know the first thing about fixing cars.  He asks you this daily.  When you tell him no, and to not ask you anymore, he assumes that means he should just go ahead and fix your car without asking from now on.  You come out one morning and see your car torn to pieces and parts strewn all over the place.  You know that asking your neighbor to fix it will make matters worse, if it gets done at all.  You are forced to fix your car and then continue telling your neighbor each and every day to keep his hands off your car.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOLIDWORKS, QUIT ASKING AND QUIT TRYING TO FIX MY MATES!

Outcomes