Rob Rodríguez

PhotoView Feature Manger (history tree)

Discussion created by Rob Rodríguez on Jul 21, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2008 by Kevin Quigley
I may be in the minority with this idea but I'd like to see the SW feature Manager displayed in PhotoView. It could be a collapsable side bar which currently exists in SW or a floating window like the other PhotoView dialogs. Some sort of transparent graphic that can be floated around the screen and minimized might be the best.

My reasons for having the feature manager in PV.
1. I'd like the ability to apply materials by dropping them on components or features in the manager.

2. There is currently no way to assign materials to specific part features, I'd like the ability to do this and having the feature manager seems like a good way to achieve this.

3. I'd like to be able to use the feature tree to hide/show components in PV.

4. The feature tree could be used as a materials management tool. It could show what PV materials are applied where. (something asked for previously by a number of us).

5. If PV has the full layering functionality of Modo the feature manager could be very useful in managing this.

6. If PV has configuration support this could be managed from the feature tree.

7. If PV has camera support this could be managed from the feature tree.

I've been working on small models (25 parts or less) in PV and managing models of this size with the current interface is OK. It needs some work but it's dobale at the moment. I can see however that if I have models with hundreds or thousands of parts in PV material application and management could become very confusing very quickly. I see adding the feature manager as a way to solve this potential issue that is already famaliar to the SW user.

Outcomes