I was wondering if any one has come thru such situation in PDM
Works Enterprise ?
Thought its better to put to more people so many minds work at a
time and resolve the problem...
Let me get straight to the point.
1) A Standard (Customer Designed) has a 10 Configurations in a Swx
Part file , He uses the various configurations for his assemblies
as and when its required.
2) For some reason one configuration become obsolete, How does he
can identify that the particular configuration in part is
3) Currently with PDMWE one can assign as state to the part as
whole ! in other words its for any given file.
4) However if you have many configurations in a Swx, Its only one
file at end of day. !!!!
So my questions in short is :
5) Is it possible to manage the Revisions & States for
* Configurations cannot be deleted as these files are referred in
many assemblies,drawings etc.,
Could some body throw some light on this.
I would really appreciate you help.
Will Configurations in SolidWorks will be a drawback in this case