AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks 2008 SP4.0 Unstable. Need some help.

Question asked by Samuel Hamilton on Jul 16, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2008 by Samuel Hamilton
I just finished building a new PC and I am having some issues running Solidworks. This is my first time running a dual display, so I don't know if that is causing my issues or not.

The problem is that SW just completely freezes up. I can't close it, task manager won't close it either. The only thing I can do is push the reset button on the PC to restart it.

I also have another issue that is less annoying, but still frustrating. When I am rotating, zooming, etc, on a model, sometimes the viewport doesn't update right away. I will get a very tiny window on the screen where I can partially see the model moving/rotating, but the rest of the screen shows the model not moving. Then after about 10 seconds or so the rest of the screen will update.

I have read a few things here on the forum and some people are saying to turn off the Nvidia Desktop Manager. How do I do that? When I look under the control panel I don't see anything like that. The only Nvidia thing I see is NVidia Control Panel and I don't see any way to turn it off.

Any ideas?

Here are my system specs:

Vista Business 64bit
Q9450
8GB DDR3 RAM
Quadro FX 3700
Asus P5E 64 WS
24" widescreen at 1920x1200
21" standard at 1600x1200

Outcomes