AnsweredAssumed Answered

eDrawing viewer takes an eternity to print

Question asked by Dwight Thelwell on Jul 8, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2008 by Lucas Dexter
I have a problem with eDrawing viewer 2008. In my company we use AutoCAD to maintain older drawings and SolidWorks for creation of new ones going forward. We have installed eDrawing Viewer on most computers to allow people to have a viewer which can read both AutoCAD and SolidWorks drawings. The problem we are having is that when an AutoCAD drawing is sent to a network printer by eDrawing viewer, it takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes for the printed copy to appear from the printer. This is frustrating a lot of users and they are complaining that when they used VoloView, they did not have this problem.

I checked on my computer to see the difference in print times between an AutoCAD drawing and a SolidWorks drawing and it took about 10 minutes for the AautoCAD to print and less than a half a minute for me to see the SolidWorks drawing copy from the same printer. Can anyone say why it is taking so long to print AutoCad documents with eDrawing viewer?

One may ask why not use Volo View to print AutoCad drawings then as the solution. My boss however wants to give users one software option to handle the different formats. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwight

Outcomes