Jeff Holliday

Revision Definition

Discussion created by Jeff Holliday on Jul 7, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2008 by Barry Mendell

We currently use PDMWorks Workgroup as follows successfully. There is a primary revision range consisting of "0-99" and a secondary list "-, A, B ...". Sequential rev block is checked. The Lifecycles allow "Prelims" to carry the primary (numeric) designation. When changed to "released" the rev designator becomes alpha. This works fine for us.

Recently I have been requested to add another sub-set to the rev designations to handle more minor revs. For example, a mispelling change made to a prelim drawing may be "02.01". A similar change to a released drawing would be "B.01".

My initial thought was to use the tertiary level for this requirement. In lifecyles, I could allow primary (01) to be combined with tertiary (.01) to get "01.01". The problem is that I cannot find a way to turn off the secondary set. Even though my lifecycle rule has just primary and tertiary checked, I still end up with a rev which includes the secondary - for example "02-.01" The secondary cannot seem to be turned off. Similarly, if I have a "released" lifecycle drawing, I cannot get the primary designator to not show - for example "02A.01".

Has anyone run into this?

Outcomes