3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2008 5:36 PM by Anna Wood

Component Import Options - IGES

Lynn Ruple
      Hello!

Is there a way to change "prompt for each part" when importing IGES in SW08? In SW07 the part creation box would briefly appear, create the part and move to the next until the whole model was finished. I see importing formats such as ProE have a check box. It gets very tedious with large files cantaining many parts as I have to be at the keyboard for import - enter, enter, enter, etc.

Regards
      Lynn
        • Component Import Options - IGES
          Anna Wood
          Tools > Options > System Options > Default Templates > Change to Always use these templates.

After you are done importing you will want to change it back if you have multiple templates you need to choose from for your models and drawings.

Cheers,
              Lynn Ruple
              Anna,

You made my day! It was strange, but template part/assemblies/drawing all pointed to SW07 files which did not exist and were never on this new machine. I think now that the SW08 admin image probably had something to do with this. Once I clicked to browse, the paths changed to SW08 file locations - so I saved them.

Thanks for the quick response!

Lynn
                  Anna Wood
                  I had a click, click, Click, CLICK, CLICK moment last week when I was opening up some SolidEdge files in SW. Usually it is not to bad, but this assembly had a ton of parts and subs. At temporary change to the system options made the job real easy..... :-)

Glad you have it sorted. :-)

Cheers,