6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 4:19 PM by Brandon Smith

PDMWE 2008 SP3 crashes when check in

When "checking in" files solidworks often crashes, we are using solidworks sp3 and in progress of going to sp4.
      PDMWE 2008 is running on SP3.
      We are using vostro 400 machines with FX1700 and sw certified driver. We have 6 workstations and all experience the same problem.
      We are using tool box and design library, where those two resides on the network.
      Any help is appreciated.
        • PDMWE 2008 SP3 crashes when check in
          Erik Balle
          It seems like our SolidWorks 2008 sp 3.0 Crashes when checking in larger assemblies from the PDM in SolidWorks. If I save the assembly and edited parts and close the assembly then check in from the windows browser it checks in okay.
              Erik Balle
              One other thing to try is don't try to check in lower level assembly parts from the top level, open the lower level part and check it in at the lower level from the PDM Enterprise in SolidWorks. I noticed today on checking out a part in a assembly that was already open in SolidWorks, if I tried to check it out from the top level assembly SolidWorks crashed, but if I clicked on the part and clicked open part and then checked out the part from the part window SolidWorks did not crash
              Okay, I will try that, altough the problem is still there, would be nice if it just "worked".
              Thanks for taking time
                  Erik Balle
                  SolidWorks like to use the customers as Beta Testers because their programmers didn't take programming 101 and don't know how to test their product in the real world. 2008 SolidWorks is a joke and PDM Enterprise, I find a new bug at least once a day, other engineers I know have way less problems with Pro-E. SolidWorks 2003 - 2007 was much more reliable

PDM Enterprise, I find a new bug at least once a day

I hope you're submitting those to SolidWorks!

We've had staff that would see crashes when checking in files, and they contributed it to having an Office 2007 product open while doing so. I don't buy it, but when they didn't have Excel or Outlook open, checkins would be fine (so they say). That was SP3, and I haven't heard anything concerning SP4.
                    Brandon Smith
                    Erik, have you tried to contact your local SW distributor? Your local rep office should be able to provide you with the support you need to get SW and PDM functioning properly, and hopefully quell some of your frustrations.