AnsweredAssumed Answered

Texturing issues

Question asked by Kevin Quigley on Jun 24, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2008 by Joe Dunne
I know I spoke to you about this on Friday Mark but the sample files for the game controller actually show a typical example of texturing problems with SolidWorks being used as the texture generator. See the image attached. I used the composite material for the main body. Note how the texture is not consistant over the surface.

(FYI this image took about 90 seconds to create - start to finish - from opening the file to applying materials to outputing a render file).

This is my number 1 issue in Hypershot when working with SolidWorks files. This is also the main reason why (I think) Rob R and I proposed the new rendering structure for SolidWorks. Move all texture generation controls to the base product, with decals, and restrict the render output based on the product.

This would also be a reason why I would see people niot using PhotoView. Unless they can properly setup textures to map the way they should. We are not talking about CGI creature mapping here, just the ability to flow over multiple surfaces without hard joints like the ones in the render.

Attachments

Outcomes