4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 11:02 PM by Samir Panchal

Don't check in referenced files when checking in a file.

Joe Walton

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find anywhere that is an option to NOT check in reference files when checking in a drawing/assembly/part.  I usually have several parts/assemblies/drawings open at any given time.  When I go to check in the drawing, EPDM wants to check in all the parts, assemblies and drawings associated with that drawing.  Hopefully there is an checkbox hidden somewhere to help limit what I want checked in to the drawing and/or the ONLY directly associated assembly or part and NOT extend to checking in a drawing that uses the same assembly but is of a different configuration.

• Re: Don't check in referenced files when checking in a file.
          Tim Webb

Have you checked the "Reference Dialog" and "Check In" sections of the "Settings" for the users Joe? Is that what you're looking for?

Tim CEPA

http://www.equivaq.com

Joe Walton

Tim,

Not exactly, but close.  The Check In section only includes drawings. This checkbox is a double edged sword.  When selected and I'm checking in a drawing, EPDM looks to the assembly and grabs all the drawings that use it as a reference. (multiple configurations of a model has multiple drawings). I really don't want the other configuration drawings checked in.  Unchecking "Include" drawings eliminates all of these.  It would also eliminate if I were checking in the assembly and I wanted to check in the drawing with it.  Which is the least evil??? I'll have to figure that out.

This still leaves all of the referenced part/assembly files having a check when checking a drawing in.

The Reference Dialog only refers to checking out and not checking in.  Unchecking/Checking these doesn't seem to effect the check in process.

It would be nice if there was a check box in the check in dialog to only check in the current file and not all references.

Thanks for your help.

Joe Walton

Ok, weird.  I just found it by messing around with the Check In dialog box. If you right click on the cells a dialog box pops up and behold!. A "Show References Selection Controls" option is there.

Once this is selected (2) check boxes are in the "Check In" column.  The first is to check in that line's file.  When the second box is checked, it will select all file references for that file.  If you uncheck the second box it, you will have to recheck the 1st check box and it will NOT select all referenced files. Selecting the second checkbox WILL reselect all the referenced files.

Referenced Files Selected                                        Referenced Files NOT Selected.

I hope this will help someone else out also.

Samir Panchal

Joe,

I had same problem but I found an easy workaround to this problem.

In the dialog box select all the files and check and uncheck the box to unselect all files and after unselecting all the files select only the files you want to check-in.

Good luck